Net Zero Policy
CMP Products is paving the way to environmental sustainability within the industry.
As part of the ISO 14001:2015 certification, the company is dedicated to driving environmental improvements in all areas of the business. CMP is committed to halving greenhouse gas emissions by 2030, achieve net zero emissions before 2040, and disclose progress towards these commitments on an annual basis.
SmartCarbon Level 3: Acted
CMP Products is currently taking action to reduce the carbon impact of the organisation to bring a host of benefits including financial savings, enhanced reputation and moral benefits.
CMP Products has set a carbon reduction target, net zero goal and has developed a carbon reduction strategy. We have evidence of the implementation of reduction initiatives (resulting in more than 10% of scopes 1 and 2 carbon footprint, on an intensity metric basis). For this reason, we are entitled to use the “SmartCarbonTM Level 3: acted” logo.
Scope 1 emissions are direct greenhouse (GHG) emissions that occur from sources that are controlled or owned by an organization (e.g., emissions associated with fuel combustion in boilers, furnaces, vehicles).
Scope 2 emissions are indirect GHG emissions associated with the purchase of electricity, steam, heat, or cooling. Although scope 2 emissions physically occur at the facility where they are generated, they are accounted for in an organization’s GHG inventory because they are a result of the organization’s energy use.
Scope 3 emissions are the result of activities from assets not owned or controlled by the reporting organization, but that the organization indirectly impacts in its value chain. Scope 3 emissions include all sources not within an organization’s scope 1 and 2 boundary. The scope 3 emissions for one organization are the scope 1 and 2 emissions of another organization. Scope 3 emissions, also referred to as value chain emissions, often represent the majority of an organization’s total GHG emissions.GHG Carbon Footprint report - FY19/20 GHG Carbon Footprint report - FY20/21
- WHAT WE'VE DONE
- OUR AMBITIONS
- OUR COMMITMENTS
What have we done so far
- Our GHG Carbon Emissions baseline is FY 2019/20. We are currently measuring FY 2020/21.
- The GHG Carbon Emissions Calculation Procedure has been developed and implemented at CMP Products.
- Carbon Emissions Champions have been trained.
- Senior Management at CMP have received Climate Reality Overview training.
- GHG Carbon Emissions for scopes 1, 2 and 3 have been defined and are being monitored/calculated.
- ISO 50001:2018 Certification.
- Increase the use of renewable energy in all our sites worldwide.
- Drive Net Zero Carbon Emissions within our supply chain.
- Support local environmental initiatives.
- Increase employees environmental engagement.
Our commitments for success
- Socially committed company
- Excellence in employee engagement
- Diverse and inclusive leaders
- Sustainable investment of choice
- Leading responsible business practice
- Committed to a responsible supply chain
- Net Zero company by 2040
- Supply Chain Net Zero emissions by 2050
- Circular Economy advocate
We’re proud partners with
Beginning their Net Zero journey in May 2021, the company has committed to the UN Race to Zero Campaign by joining BEAMA. CMP Products always goes the
extra mile, and has also become signatory of The Climate Pledge and SME Climate Hub. By taking a stand and pioneering a global initiative that will take the lead in mainstreaming climate action, the company is building business resilience across the board.
You might be interested in
SMEs Climate hubfrom www.businessclimatehub.org/smes/
Working together in the Race to Zero
The Climate Pledgefrom www.theclimatepledge.com/us/en
Net Zero Carbon by 2040
European Environment Agencyfrom www.eea.europa.eu/
Assessment of global megatrends
UNEP UN Environment Programmefrom www.unep.org/
Stakeholder Engagement Handbook
BEAMA Climate Commitmentfrom www.beama.org.uk/
Delivering the component parts of a Net Zero energy system