Press Enquiry? Contact the CMP
Marketing Team on +44 191 265 7411
Sign up to get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Thursday, 11 May 2023
We’re Recruiting a Director of QHSE!
As a market-leading specialist designer and manufacturer of cable glands, cable cleats and accessories, CMP has been providing safe and innovative solutions to the global market for over 60 years; gaining us an international reputation for quality and reliability.
Our products are developed to suit a wide range of customers’ industrial applications across market sectors such as infrastructure, renewable energy, power transmission and distribution, rail, tunnels, marine, data centres, automation and robotics, water treatment, desalination, oil and gas, mining and general construction.
Our high-quality products are reinforced with exceptional customer service and innovative solutions; we offer on-hand technical support from our experts across the globe, from 10 different offices spread across 6 continents.
If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, read on! (You can also see a bit more about us here: See Inside Our Factory – YouTube)
Director of QHSE
Reporting to the CEO the Director of QHSE will develop and lead the strategic and operational performance of the Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental function across the company. The Director of QHSE will be the champion of Quality and HSE, using best practice and effective change management to drive QHSE performance.
What you’ll be doing
With support from the HSE Manager and Quality Manager you will:
- Develop and implement the QHSE strategy, to ensure it meets both internal and external customer needs, driving a culture of QHSE excellence.
- Set, measure and manage departmental goals, objectives and performance measures. Regularly reporting on QHSE performance, NCRs, areas of risk, root cause and preventative measures.
- Develop the company’s Integrated Management Systems (IMS) to ensure compliance with ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 standards.
- Ensure internal and external audit schedules (including supplier audits, certification and regulatory bodies) are in place and undertaken to ensure compliance with the company’s IMS and ISO standards.
- Lead the annual ISO audit with external auditors. Working with department managers to ensure full and effective close out of any minor or major non-conformance.
- Work with the senior management team to manage and maintain the company’s Risk Management system to ensure risks are identified and controlled.
- Develop, implement and control fit for purpose QHSE Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure regulatory compliance both operationally and commercially.
- Develop and lead a culture of continuous improvement ensuring employees have the skills and training to deliver continuous improvement initiatives.
- Drive a culture where everyone is accountable for QHSE, ensuring employees are trained to meet QHSE objectives.
- Drive communication, employee participation and engagement in QHSE matters.
- Identify, communicate and respond to any QHSE legislative changes that may impact the business.
- Ensure QHSE initiatives follow effective change management, including stakeholder engagement.
Who we’re looking for
As Director of QHSE at CMP you will have considerable experience of working in a complex, high volume manufacturing business in a senior quality role. You will show a passion for QHSE, with a successful history in driving QHSE change initiatives and improvements, through leading functional and non-functional teams and third parties.
You be able to identify and work towards the important and critical issues, driving self and others for results and high standards. You will work collaboratively, having an ability to develop an internal network to make things happen and ensure positive outcomes. Naturally you will be organised, disciplined, and a good time manager.
As Director of QHSE with line responsibility for Quality and HSE you will be able to motivate a team, create strong morale, share wins and successes, and inspire others. You will be a natural coach who supports the development of the teams’ skills and abilities.
Excellent motivational and influencing skills are essential as well as excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Experience of implementing, maintaining, and developing an Integrated Management System that meets and strives to exceed ISO certification standards is essential.
- WeCare app (Employee Assistance Program)
- Holiday buy & sell
- Car scheme
- Competitive pay & bonus
- Enhanced pension
- Training & development opportunities
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and covering letter via email here