- The name and address of the manufacturer,
- The Type, and Serial Number of the apparatus,
- The year the apparatus was manufactured,
- The specific marking of explosion protection, apparatus group, and category of protection as defined in the apparatus certificate, e.g.
- Details of Certification Number,
- IEC 60079-0, IEC 60079-1, IEC 61241-1 (Optional),
- Ex nR II (For Example),
- Temperature Classification,
- 0518 Quality Assurance Notified Body Identification (ATEX only),
- Gas & Dust Groups (ATEX only),
- Maximum Surface Temperature (T rating),
- Ingress Protection (IP) Rating,
- Voltage Rating - where applicable,
- Frequency Rating - where applicable,
- Current Rating (Amps) - where applicable,
- Watts Rating (Maximum Dissipated Power) - where applicable.
The following is an example of typical marking that may be applied to Group II apparatus certified under ATEX certification :-
The following is an example of typical marking that may be applied to Group II apparatus certified under IEC Ex certification :-
It can be seen that the main difference between the two marking methods is the way in which the dust protection identification is coded, e.g. Ex d IIC 2D under the ATEX certification system and Ex tD A21 IP66 under the IEC Ex certification system. In many cases manufacturers of apparatus may have certified its equipment under both ATEX and IEC Ex certification systems, in which case it may be possible to combine the marking into a single certification nameplate that addresses the requirements of both.